You are very excited, after months of inspections, shows and a lot of stress; you have finally selected one of the new homes in Tampa FL to call your own.You have so many ideas when it comes to decor and just can’t wait to get started but wait-there is one last milestone you must overcome: MOVING.
Although there are professional movers available to help you, you will still need to do the packing and making sure that everything gets taken. Here are things you must accomplish from one month before you move:
1. Finalize your packing list ready. You probably already have a draft made so a month before you can start packing the things that you don’t usually loose. As you go along, you may see the need to add some things to that list or perhaps remove some.
2. Notify the post office of your changed address. This is something that should be done as early as this so you don’t forget it later on with all the chaos during your move. Make sure you accomplish this at least one month beforehand. Simply get the form for change of address and send it out or you can simply fill up the form online.
3. Notify the utility companies. From your water and electricity to your internet connection and cable, you need to inform all these companies if you want to have their services when you move. You can choose to either change your address or simply cut services from your current home and get them turned on when you move. This is also a perfect time to decide whether you want to keep or discontinue their services.
4. Notify the newspaper. This is off course if you live in one of those places where a newspaper is delivered to their doorstep each morning. Aside from the paper, you ought to also notify anyone else whom you expect to deliver anything to your door- online shops like ebay for example need to also be informed of your move.
5. Gather your important documents. It is best to gather all these essential documents a month before you move so they don’t get lost during the main move. Take them aside and find a place to put them where they are safe from the chaos your house is going through. Make sure you take care of these as losing them may result in identity theft.
These are just a few of the basics that you should prepare the month before your move. This way, you can save yourself from all the stress that comes with cramming on the last minute.
If you want to view new homes in Tampa Florida, Click here!